Update: UltraVNC 1.4.3.6 and UltraVNC SC 1.4.3.6: viewtopic.php?t=37885
Important: Please update to latest version before to create a reply, a topic or an issue: viewtopic.php?t=37864

Join us on social networks and share our announcements:
- GitHub: https://github.com/ultravnc
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/@ultravnc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ultravnc1
- X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/ultravnc1
- Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultravnc
- OpenHub: https://openhub.net/p/ultravnc

Easier (for me) local creation script

Single Click discussions / bugs
deega

Easier (for me) local creation script

Post by deega »

Hello,

I've cleaned up and packaged the creation script I've been using. This one automatically downloads all the tools you need to make an SC (including SC), then makes it for you. No custom.zip needed. I'm sending this out based on requests I've gotten regarding FlatFeet [topic=2790][/topic] and how to make it work in an SC package. here's the README.txt:

Code: Select all

Note: READ THE WHOLE THING!

USAGE:

create <scbasename> <helperapp>

example:

create helpme helper.exe

Creates an Ultr@VNC Single Click with the following attributes:

name: helpme.exe
  file executed: helper.exe

create helpme

Creates this:

file executed: winvc.exe

create

Creates this:

name: SC.exe
  file executed: winvnc.exe

SO, if you are creating an SC with the helper-app FlatFeet, you would
use something like this:

create helpme flatfeet.exe

And get this out of it:

file executed: flatfeet.exe

------

FIRST RUN:

First run of the script downloads everything you _NEED_ to create a
Single Click package with this script, and the source code of the GPL
packages I include with the script.  Currently, this is as follows:

Source:
7zip
curl

Binaries:
sed
7zip SFX installer stub
gorc
reshacker
upx
default sc files from the uvnc.net creator based on a default custom.zip
  and the R20+ creator located there. These are created by uvnc.net at
  runtime, so you will have current tools.

YOUR CONFIGURATION:

You only really need to be concerned with the following directories:

INCLUDE
  All executables you want in the Single Click package need to reside in
  this directory.

CONFIG
  helpdesk.txt, rc4.key, and background.bmp go here..  IF you use them.
  Leave them out as they will bloat your package size.  Bigger is not
  always better.  (;

ICONS
  I've gone with using reshacker to give custom icons in the winvnc tray.
  Do not put icons in CONFIG, they will only eat space.  Make something
  nice for yourself..  Branding IS important.

SFX.ICO -- This icon will go on the final product.
  WINVNC1.ICO -- This is the pre-connect tray icon.
  WINVNC2.ICO -- This is the post-connect tray icon.

NOTES:

If you have msrc4plugin.dsm in the INCLUDE directory, but no rc4.key in the
CONFIG directory, msrc3plugin.dsm will not be included.  This will save you
about 10K on the final product.

NO ZIP FILE NEEDED
And the file:

http://flatfeet.geekmobile.biz/creator.exe
redge

Post by redge »

trying on 2 computer...NOK

computer1, my file "redge.exe" was not created, no error was shown.
computer2, my file "redge.exe" was created with error 16bit

my step on 2 computers:
Start...Run...
"G:\DOWNLOAD\INTERNET\ultravnc\Creator\create.bat" redge flatfeet.exe

computer2
during process...
--- 16bit MS-DOS Subsystem---
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "Close" to terminate the application.
Close Ignore
finally
redge.exe was created and I start it show an error from 7-Zip
"can not find setup.exe" :|

computer1
process OK, but the file redge.exe is not created.

all computers are XP SP2
UltraVNC 1.0.9.6.1 (built 20110518)
OS Win: xp home + vista business + 7 home
only experienced user, not developer
deega

Post by deega »

redge wrote:trying on 2 computer...NOK
OOPS.. I think it should be good.. I had 7zip installed on the machine and made the mistake of puting the 7z.exe file all by itself. I've replaced that with the command line version 7za.. It worked on a machine with no 7zip installed.

http://flatfeet.geekmobile.biz/creator.exe

nuke and reinstall.
all computers are XP SP2
I don't have it installed anywhere. W2K SP4 is the newest Windows I've got.

Also.. I've not tried running it via Start->Run.. You may try running it from a cmd window. Start->run cmd, cd to creator directory.

Also also. If using flatfeet.exe as arg2, you should have flatfeet.exe in your INCLUDE directory.

Do you have a full 7zip on either of those machines?
redge

Post by redge »

Also also. If using flatfeet.exe as arg2, you should have flatfeet.exe in your INCLUDE directory.
So, please add a url for direct download the file flatfeet.exe needed for arg2 for computer don't have 7zip installed for put to folder INCLUDE
and any file are can optionaly to be included for flatfeet work correctly.

I don't use helpdesk.txt was not needed if i correctly understand your explanation of readme.

Do you have a full 7zip on either of those machines?
only on computer2

redge.exe was created successfully on computer1 where is no 7zip installed :-)

but now,
how computer1 with redge.exe was started can connect to my computer2 was "vncviewer -listen 5500" started ?
I don't know what is missing for etablissing connection.
test for trying connection for now, only LAN -- LAN same subnet until is work.

Thank your for your help and free time passed for make easy usage. :)
deega

Post by deega »

redge wrote: So, please add a url for direct download the file flatfeet.exe needed for arg2 for computer don't have 7zip installed for put to folder INCLUDE
and any file are can optionaly to be included for flatfeet work correctly.
http://flatfeet.geekmobile.biz/FlatFeet.exe -- Put it in Creator/INCLUDE

This creation script is meant to be generic. If you are playing around with different SC configurations, it should make this easier than the other script posted to this forum. The other script is nice, and my creator is based on the concepts of that script. What I wanted to overcome:
  • * Usage of INC directory and custom.zip file to hold the elements of the sc package. Now it's all filesystem based.
    * The need to manually download and install the supporting non-redistributable tools needed to successfully create a nice SC package. They are all downloaded and installed on firstrun now.
    * The need to manually edit the sfx config file to change the name of the helper app executed. This is handled as ARG2 on the command line now.
You can easily create an SC with flatfeet.exe by puting flatfeet.exe in the INCLUDE directory. But if you wanted to use another helper (I know of at least one other) you can put THAT in the INCLUDE directory instead.

The flatfeet.exe helper is not currently "easy" to use.. It is a standalone EXE that can be put into the SC distribution with this script.. That part is easy. If you want to actually USE flatfeet.exe, though, you need to setup a website that can handle it. The flatfeet distribution includes some PHP scripts that can be used for testing and reference, but they were created on:
  • * Debian Woody with dotdeb backports
    * Apache w/ mod_php4
    * php4_mysql module
    * MySQL 4.x
    * p7zip installed from source
The script calls system commands directly using exec() and some of them (rm -rf) can be quite dangerous if you don't understand what you're doing. These commands are typically UNIX-centric, so I can assure you this script will not run on a typical Windows machine.

So basically, you need a UNIXish webserver with PHP and MySQL to test the currently available flatfeet backend. Apache for Win32 or IIS with PHP4 and MySQL on a machine with Cygwin installed MIGHT work, but I've not tried. You could also change the exec() commands to the Windows counterparts instead of installing Cygwin.

I have no plans of providing any web-backend support code that will run on anything other than the above Debian configuration. The only Windows server I have runs my VNC repeater, and would probably choke on anything more (I'm surprized it runs at all, it's quite old). The only reason I even have it is because there's no port of the repeater to UNIXish systems, and I can't seem to locate the code to attempt a port myself.

PM or Email me if you want to setup a demo.. I can show you what it does, but I've not got the time or resources to develop for every web platform.

FlatFeet current intended audience: CGI/PHP/ASP/JSP/etc developers.
redge

Post by redge »

Deega
FlatFeet current intended audience: CGI/PHP/ASP/JSP/etc developers.
well, I take the wrong way and miss understand the real usage of flatfeet helper.

well, don't worry, I would to tell thank you for your good time for all others customers/users interesting of your big effort for free and open source about your FlatFeet helper.

What I want is usage SC with NAT Helper for don't open any port on any computer host and viewer and bypass NAT+firewall but use an ID like teamviewer with dyngate.
the only one problem is Dyngate is not free and not open source.

For now, actual SC is suffisiant for my usage, only open 1 port on my home network router would be acceptable until the magic SC tool addon coming would add this feature with advantage of NAT2NAT connector inside repeater service or separate NATHelper.exe as system level service.

Regards and many thanks for your effort and explanations, greatly appreciated. :)

not working?!

Post by Guest »

I downloaded the scripts and am able to successfully compile a new SC, but it fails to connect to my listening viewer. If I take the config files and compile it through the website creator, it works fine?! Has anyone else seen this issue?

Re: not working?!

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I downloaded the scripts and am able to successfully compile a new SC, but it fails to connect to my listening viewer. If I take the config files and compile it through the website creator, it works fine?! Has anyone else seen this issue?
is your helpdesk.txt in the CONFIG directory?

Post by Guest »

Yes, it is in the config directory... the connection appears to occur verify briefly and then drops off and the viewer in listening mode reports that the connection ended abrubtly (or something similar). But if I take the exact same files and use the Creator online it works like a champ?!

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Yes, it is in the config directory... the connection appears to occur verify briefly and then drops off and the viewer in listening mode reports that the connection ended abrubtly (or something similar). But if I take the exact same files and use the Creator online it works like a champ?!
You got me. The script downloads winvnc.exe from the R20 (the newer) form on the creator site.. Possibly a compatibility issue?

Are all the necessary files in the SC archive?

I haven't had time to keep up with all the Q's about this script and the FlatFeet bit, so I've taken them offline for now. I'll probably create a SF project for this w/ more docs and more backend code.. But for now.. I've got a few other projects that have priority.
Atze

Post by Atze »

@deega:

The files you mentiond are all down.
Is there a possibility to get them anyhow?

Would be very pleasant, because i wanted to try your script.

Regards,
Atze
redge

Post by redge »

if unavailable, there another url backup source of the creator.exe
http://www.swiss-adsl.net/redge/creator.exe
Last edited by redge on 2005-10-04 02:15, edited 1 time in total.